1) Our chickens are coming home to roost. It’s too late to prevent what is inevitable and too silly to start wringing hands over it. But, as inevitable as another terror attack against American interests is, more inevitable is the “No one could have forseen” antics of the far right.
2) Well, I suppose it’s a step up from “I am not crook.”
3) Shorter Mayor Alan Long: “We don’t hate those people. Some of our best friends are those people. We just don’t want to see them.”
4) Not only is global warming real, and manmade, but NASA will now bother to prove it to the right wing, once and for all. Expect funding to be pulled in 3…2…1….
5) We had a strangely beautiful but really violent storm in the city last night.
7) It’s really cool to see an old professor quoted in the NY Times, and that he’s still doing what he loves to do: urban geology.
8) Incidents like this do not give me much comfort for a future.
9) You need to take it further, Mr President.
10) Finally, what does it mean to be a real American? This, not.