1) Of course, you know my top story is going to be the commencement of the World Cup in feetsball, as it’s called. Somehow Brazilians managed to put aside their anger over the preparations and the damage caused to the nation to cheer on their team.
2) And of course, it wouldn’t be a World Cup without a heaping dash of controversy. For my part, I thought it was at best a really weak call, and at worst, called the wrong way (Fred should have been called for embellishment.) In the end, it didn’t make much difference. The Croatian keeper was terribly weak on the first goal.
3) It’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when Baghdad will fall. The Bush failure is complete. He bankrupted our nation in the wan hopes of securing oil for the foreseeable future, and now we have neither oil nor a future.
4) Conservative libertarian Ayn Randian Bowe Bergdahl is back in the US. Funny how once it all came out he was one of theirs, fellow conservatives shut up.
5) Despite its reputation – or perhaps because of it – Jamaica is one of the harshest nations when it comes to the use of marijuana (ganja, as its called). That may be changing.
7) Sunday is Father’s Day. If you have one, or even if you know one, send him this link. Unless of course you think he was great already.
8) As much as I really want the Rangers to perform a miracle this Stanley Cup season, they’ve already done one in getting this far.
9) There’s something both fascinating and Robocop-creepy about this.
10) Introducing: Egg on a stick