Monday, July 24, 2006

Jazzing For Blogposts

So many of you viewed this, my rip-off tone poem on how conservatives argue, that apparently it has spawned at least one riff, which I will excerpt here.
How denialists argue[...]

Denialist: You’re really something, you know that? You scientists are always going on about how all of us who don't believe in global warming are racists, how we don’t care about anybody but people who look like us. But you don’t even want to measure the CO2 that the Africans or the Asians are exposed to.

Scientist: First of all, I never said all denialists are racists.

Denialist: Yes, you did.

Scientist: No, I didn’t.

Denialist: Al Gore says it.

Scientist: I’ve never heard him say that.

Denialist: Yes, he does! He most definitely does!

Scientist: Look, I don’t know what he says. That’s beside the point. And the people in Africa “count,” whatever that means. I don’t even know who lives in Africa; I don’t know the first thing about Africa. I’m just saying the CO2 concentration in Africa is about the same as it is everywhere else. CO2 is well mixed.
Go read the rest, but be prepared to do a little thinking. It's ultra-wonky, which gets megacool points from yours truly, a fauz-wonk of enormous proportion. Hat tip to Dr. Eli Rabbett for a very well-crafted rip-off of my rip-off :-)