Friday, October 14, 2005

I think this one has to count as a *SNARK*

Courtesy of MediaMatters.org

CALLER: I just wanted to make a comment that you really, really, really have to watch what you are watching on TV. I have come upon evidence of homosexuality and lesbian people on programs like HGTV and Animal Planet, where you really don't expect this to be an issue.

WILDMON: Right. You're very perceptive, [caller], because that does happen, even in the most innocent of places. You have to watch out for children's programs today as well because they'll slip it in there as well.


Now, I've watched HGTV quite a bit (always looking for tips for fixing up and gardening around my home), and yea, there are a few programs that seem to have a number of "domestic partner" situations of the same sex.

So what? Gays and lesbians can't own homes together? They don't decorate? Suddenly we're going to assume that any design solution for them involves something that will infect the rest of Americans with some "gay virus" and we'll all end up non-breeding?

And ANIMAL PLANET? Ohmygod, a gay dog! I've always had suspicions about those damn Yorkies with their fluffy little pink bows, and my god, but that Chinese Crested! How, um, effeminate is that bitch?

Who the fuck ARE these idiots on the right?